In general, 2016 was a crappy year for me. It had some ups, but a lot of downs, in particular my grandmother’s passing, struggles with decisions I had to make in regards to my career, one of my publishers calling it quits, and a lot more. But in terms of writing, and this blog, 2016 was pretty okay.
Back in January, I wrote a post with my New Year’s Resolutions. Let’s take a look at how I did.
- Finish the reading challenges I signed up for. I signed up for 8 challenges, and I successfully finished 5 of them. Two I nearly completed, and one was a big fail, but overall, I’m happy with that progress.
- Add covers of the books I received for review on my Facebook page. I didn’t do this at all. Bad blogger!
- Put the latest reviews in the sidebar of my blog. I did this for a while, but then gave up on it halfway through the year.
- Set up more original posts. I didn’t do too good on this either.
- Update the review index. The review index is updated, and all reviews are on there. YAY!
- Keep more in touch with the book blogging community. I did quite well on this goal. For a while, I posted on about 10 books a day (Monday-Friday), and did it pretty consistently. I’ve lapsed now with the holidays, but I plan to pick it up again in January.
- Use the mailing list, send out weekly email. I did send out a weekly email for almost all the weeks of the year (really, I only missed a few when I had an emergency or something else come up) but I didn’t really manage to expand the mailing list.
- Participate in more memes. I started out great, participating in memes almost daily, then lost track for a few months, then picked it up again. I think I’ll have to start scheduling these beforehand.
- Read over 200 books. I read 199 books this year! But I also read a bunch of books that I used in mini-reviews, so I do consider this a win.